Monday 21 June 2010

Humid and sticky...

So, a quick update.

Last week was the DTS and WISE school graduation, which was great to be apart of because I have got to know some of the students while I've been here. They're awesome!

Saturday I went to this 'secret' secluded beach with some friends. It was pretty awesome. Loads of palm trees everywhere. We sat in the shade of palm trees, went in the ocean, caught the sun, played cards, watched fishermen, and I played with my friend's young Border Collie and threw driftwood into the ocean for her. She loved it.
It was a great day all in all.

Sunday went to church (twice lol). The church I went to in the evening was a 6.30 service which made me think of home. Kinda different to our own service, but good. The sermon was about do we really know God? And how we need to ask for a revelation of who He really is and have blind folds removed from our eyes so that we truly see Him.

Monday (today) has been a busy day, although I did manage to find time to pop down to the Looney Bean :-)
This week will be busy with teams and everything, but great fun! :-)

A girl from one of the teams got stung today by a jelly fish, and for me, just knowing what to do and being able to respond to it quickly has proven to me that I really want to paramedics so bad, whether now or at a later stage, I'm not sure, but definitely sometime!

It's heating up now. Getting more humid and sticky now!


Secret beach

Secret beach

Jude (4) doing his dance. He's awesome

At graduation

DTS and WISE graduation

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place to go, so tropical....lucky girl :)
    Your dress looks beautiful girl and I loved the setting for graduation. xox

    ReplyDelete