Sunday 20 September 2009

The Path


This morning I went for a walk. It was a pretty great morning as it was dry and the sun was starting to shine through the clouds! :-)
I was listening to Hillsong and spending a bit of time talking and listening to God, and as I was doing this, I was following a line on the path.
It was this tiny white line going for miles along the path, and it looked as if somone had been dragging a stick behind them as they had walked, leaving this scratch on the path. This line, for the most part, went straight, but at times veered off to the left or right towards the grass, and at times even disappeared for a while before coming back.
And as I was following this line, God spoke to me and said that His path is like that. Sometimes it's small and hard to see, and sometimes it seems like it is going in a different direction to where we want it to be going, and at times it seems like it has disappeared and we are walking blind, but it is always there.
And it just really encouraged me to keep going, because I know that God has got the future path already laid out and paved for me, and I don't need to worry about not seeing it or worry about it where goes.
Even though it may feel like I am walking blind or off the edge of a cliff sometimes, so what? As I long as I keep I my eyes fixed on Him I know that it will be ok. You know why? Because I know that God has my back, and it's gonna be one incredible adventure!!

What follows is one of my favourite poems - "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost:
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment