Thursday 18 February 2010

The day the world stood still...

....Well ok not the world. Just my little corner of the world. We have been having a really freak winter with so much snow. Well it snowed again tonight. And everything came to a standstill. It took me an hour to make what is usually a 7 minute journey. Cars were standing still on the motorway. We did not move. The roads have become so slippery because a) the gritters ran out of grit or b) the gritters gave up trying to grit the road! It is somewhat frustrating the way this seems to happen whenever we have snow. It has been very hard for me to choose a pic today. So many to choose from! In the end I went for this pic I took of a tree (obviously) and the sky was a cool colour, and the snowflakes stood out because of the flash. I do love snow though. It never fails to amaze me how incredible everywhere looks. The snow brings a different picture. I love how the trees look almost delicate with the snow covering their bare branches, and how the sky is so light because of the snow. Amazing.

Snow tree.

Traffic standing still on the motorway

Cars turning around to avoid traffic on the motorway



Blue snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment