Monday 25 January 2010

The mountain and the path

So lately I've been feeling like my life is a mess, that it has no direction, and that I haven't a clue what I am doing! So it's a good things God does!!
I spoke to a friend yesterday and talking to her it sounds like she pretty much knows what she wants to do, and has her life kinda sorted. Listening to her tell me her ideas and plans kinda made me a bit jealous and sad that my life isn't that well laid out before me. Most of the time I am following a path that is in the dark and constantly twisting and winding, and going up constant hills!
But when I was thinking over it again this morning, I suddenly didn't feel jealous or concerned anymore, cause God showed me otherwise. You see, when I left Mexico a friend gave me the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost, and said that she felt it was for me. For a long time I thought that part where it speaks of not returning was me, and I was scared of it being that as I was thinking in term of not returning to Mexico; yet this morning God gave me the true meaning of the poem. The part that speaks of taking the path less travelled, and "that has made all the difference."
And all of I sudden I knew that that was the part that applies to my life. My life is the path less travelled. It has been for a long time, and I think it will continue to be for a while longer. But I think I'm ok with that. Because even though the path I am taking might be less travelled, it is going to be an adventure for me, because I am going to discover something that no one else has. Travelling the less used path doesn't have to be daunting. Yeah sure I might have to chop at the undergrowth to get through at times, but that's cool.
In the words from Hannah Montana, "Life's a climb, but the view is great."

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you are so wise my sweetpea:)
    God has an awesome and unique plan just for you.
    Most journeys into the unknown have rocky patches, or thick undergrowth that are difficult to get through. Enjoy the adventure and lean on me when you get tired. Even better....lean on God too xox

    ReplyDelete