Thursday 17 December 2009

First snowfall!

[Skye and me] ->








Ok my wonderful Americans. Before you laugh at our pathetic snowfall, know that it is as good as it gets for us, and we love it!!
Also, I am excited for the snow as I missed our last snowfall because I was in Mexico.

So when it started snowing today I was really, really, excited. Almost like a little kid. Almost. But not quite.
It was snowing nicely, and
the snow was settling, so I dressed up warmly and took the dog for a walk.
She loves the snow! She thinks it
is great fun, and it's fun watching her race around and
catch snowballs! Unfortunately for my poor little Cocker Spaniel, feathery legs and hairy paws don't mix well with snow, so every now and then I had to stop to break away the ice balls that had formed under her pads and in her legs!
She has just recently been clipped, so has a coat to keep her warm and dry, which makes her look even cuter.

The fields were so beautiful. The weak winter sun had come out and was shining on the snow that covered the ploughed field. It was a like a picture that you get off a christmas card. No matter how many times it snows, I can't get over how beautiful the landscape looks. God truly is an artist!
Unfortunately though, because the sun came out, the snow won't stick around for much longer. We're hoping though that it snows again and that we have a white christmas! Fingers
crossed!












































No comments:

Post a Comment